Sunday 21 June 2015

Day 11. Project Laureate - Family Sketchbook

Chris Riddell's 5 Point Plan
The inspiration for our blog

Happy Father's Day!


With William the last man standing (without a cold or a cough) it would've been tempting for all of us to hide under the duvet today.

But it's Father's Day and we all wanted to show Granddad and Grandpa that we're thinking of them.

One of the aspects of this blog, that we didn't anticipate, but has been wonderful, is its connectivity. The 12,000 mile gap has been bridged between families through drawing. 



I know that family have been following our sketchbook journey almost like a journal. The great thing about art, I guess, is that it's great fun to do, but also to share. You get the image, but you also get a snapshot in time. Particularly with the children, they are drawing what interests them now - this might not be the same in 6 months or a couple of years. So, we're getting to chart not only our drawing development, but actually what matters to us.

Today, despite feeling grotty, our dads mattered. My dad, (Granddad), Hubster's dad (Grandpa) - Happy Father's day. These drawings are for you.

Day 11 #ProjectSketchbook





I really wish I could capture the warmth and generosity of my dad's eyes. I wish I could express with a pencil his cheeky smile and sense of humour. I feel like I'm getting better but am no where near the mark of capturing the magic of this man.









Happy Father's Day Dad, hope you have great day.


















Freya's  Father's Day collection starting off with Grandpa and Granddad Minnion.
















Grandpa - this is Freya's drawing of you on one of your motorbikes. I especially like the goggles!














Granddad, Freya has drawn this for you. You're looking very happy and so is the queen because you have fixed her car. So, 1960s I'm guessing?














A tired and poorly Oliver wanted to draw cars for Granddad...









And motorbikes for Grandpa.







William has you either fixing a car or getting run over by a female driver - wonder who that could be? ;)








Happy Father's Day to all dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment