Sunday 12 July 2015

Day 27. Project Laureate - Family Sketchbook

Chris Riddell's 5 Point Plan
The Inspiration for our Blog

Thunder and Lightning!


Tonight's family sketch session felt like therapy. There was a HUGE storm. Hubster and the boys were at home when lightning struck just behind the house. They said it shook the whole building and the power went. 

I was over at a friend's with Freya. We had a rather stressful drive back. Several storms were raging and forked lightning was on both sides of the road. I've never been so nervous driving over Woronora Bridge! I'm not sure I've been in a storm when I felt the car shake from the thunder before (whilst driving).


I got back to the house to candlelight. The power came back quickly and so we sat and sketched. 

To be honest, I was a little bit shaky after the car trip - it was pretty full on. Drawing was SO helpful (and I, er, opened a bottle of wine). To be able to sit and focus completely on an object, just looking at the shapes and light, was the perfect remedy to the storm.

Looking at Freya's picture, I kind of think she might not have been terribly impressed with the storm either!

Day 27 #ProjectSketchbook




Wonderful wildlife- William's owl in flight.















Oliver's bird. I remember when they were playing in the river at Woni, not long after we'd arrived in Australia and a Sea Eagle swooped in front of them and grabbed a fish. It was a very Deadly 60 m
moment! This was the raptor from his memory.






Hubster's chess pieces. He was disappointed by this, but I thought it was great!








Freya's visual representation of our car journey home in the storm. It's pretty accurate actually!










Drawing and wine - remarkably calming (such a shame we only had fizz in the house te he).

No comments:

Post a Comment